Illinois winters require fully functioning heaters and furnaces. To protect your home and your family, it’s important to ensure they are working as expected, and are repaired and replaced in a timely manner. For all of your heating system needs, from routine maintenance and tune-ups to installations, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. We offer upfront pricing with no hidden fees for services in Lombard, IL.
Is your furnace leaving hot and cold spots around your house? Learn about our furnace repair services.
We offer the following heating and furnace services to keep you warm:
- Heater Repair and Maintenance
- Heater Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Repair and Maintenance
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Radiant Heating
- Boiler Services
- Ductwork Services
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Repaired
When winter hits, you don’t want to be stuck without a functioning heating system. To avoid an interruption in usage, it’s important to schedule repairs with a heating contractor at the first signs of trouble. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Your home isn’t getting warmer.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your house.
- Your unit makes loud noises.
- Your utility bills start to increase without an uptick in usage.
- The temperature in your home doesn’t match the thermostat setting.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
Benefits of Installing a New Unit
There are many benefits to installing a new heater. While one of the main advantages can be peace of mind knowing your unit likely won’t need a repair in the near future, other benefits can include:
- New units are more energy-efficient.
- Increased comfort in your home as it’s heated evenly and to the desired temperature.
- Better indoor air quality as it filters out more particles.
Want to add more ambiance to your home? Ask about our gas log fireplace services.
Common Furnace Problems
Like all appliances in your home, from time-to-time your furnace will need to be repaired by a contractor. Some of the more common issues can include:
- Problems caused by failing to schedule regular annual maintenance on your unit.
- Too much strain on the unit caused by not changing the filters as often as you should.
- Wear and tear caused by aging.
- Loss of efficiency.
- Temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- One of the most serious issues can be a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a leak you should evacuate the property immediately, as these leaks can be deadly.