Don’t risk being stuck in the heat this summer when your air conditioner breaks down. It’s important to take action to replace your AC unit at the first signs of trouble. If you suspect your system needs to be replaced, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. today to have a contractor inspect your unit. When you call us for services in the Lombard, IL area, you can be assured that there will be no surprises on your final bill. We offer upfront pricing with no hidden fees!
Is your heater ready for winter? Learn about our heater repair services to schedule a tune-up or maintenance on your unit.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioning System
It’s important to identify the signs that your air conditioning unit needs to be replaced as soon as possible. If you suspect you need a new system installed call an AC contractor to inspect it. You can also look for these signs that can indicate you need a replacement:
- Your air conditioner is more than 15 years old.
- Higher bills. Your AC system is losing efficiency and is resulting in higher utility bills.
- Not operating at its full capacity. Your home is not reaching the desired temperature.
- Needs repairs. Your air conditioning system has recently needed multiple repairs.
- Needs a costly repair. Your AC system needs a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your air conditioner is leaking moisture.
- Loud sounds. You hear strange sounds coming from the air conditioner that could signal an issue with your motor.
- Lack of cold air. You feel cold air coming out of the unit, but it is not blowing as strongly as it should be.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
Installing a new air conditioning system can result in many benefits for your household. In addition to having peace of mind that the unit is unlikely to breakdown in the near future, other advantages can include:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Maximum indoor climate control to allow your home to cool evenly without hot spots.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Longer lifespan than older models
- New technology and features, providing the latest bells and whistles.
Not ready for a new AC unit? Learn about our air conditioning repair services.
How to Save Money on Your Home Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool in the summer months can take a toll on your monthly utility bills. However, there are ways to reduce these costs. Use these tips to lower your energy bill:
- Properly insulate your home or building.
- Replace the air filters regularly, ideally at least every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioner. Having the unit inspected at least once a year will help it run more efficiently.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees so you’re still comfortable but using less energy.
- Replace your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Close your drapes on sunny days to keep extra heat out of your home.