Summer heat can take a toll on your Illinois home — especially if your air conditioner isn’t functioning properly. To ensure your house is comfortable even in the midst of summer’s high temperatures and humidity, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. today for service in Lombard, IL. We offer upfront pricing so there are no surprises and no hidden fees after the work is done.
Is it time to replace your air conditioner? Call us to learn about our air conditioner installation services.
We offer the following AC services to keep your home cool:
- Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Ductwork Services
- Filter Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioning Unit
To avoid having your air conditioning unit completely malfunction during the heat of summer, it’s important to watch for symptoms that can signal it’s time to replace the system:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old.
- High utility bills: If your unit is losing efficiency and it’s resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: If your property is no longer reaching a desirable temperature, or if you feel cold air coming from the unit but it’s not as strong as it used to be – or should be.
- Multiple repairs: If you’ve recently had to make multiple – or expensive – repairs to the unit.
- Major repair: If you need a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: If your unit is experiencing any leaks.
- Noises: Strange sounds coming from your unit can signal an issue with your motor.
Easy Ways to Save on Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool in the summer months can be costly. However, there are ways to keep your house comfortable while still saving money. Some ways to reduce costs can include:
- Ensuring that your home is properly insulated to keep hot air from seeping in.
- Replacing air filters regularly to allow the unit to operate at its full capabilities.
- Getting a tune-up at least once a year.
- Using a programmable thermostat.
- Reducing your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Replacing your outdated system with a new, more energy-efficient one.
- Using fans to help circulate the air around the house.
- Closing drapes on sunny days to keep the heat out.
To keep the air quality in your house at a high level, it’s important to change the filters regularly. Learn about our filter replacement services.
Common Problems With AC Units
Like all appliances, occasionally your air conditioning unit will need professional repairs. Some common problems you might encounter with your system can include:
- Lack of cold air: One of the most obvious problems with your AC unit is if it is not producing cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting.
- Over working: If air is not flowing through your vents properly it can cause your system to overwork in an attempt to cool your property. This can cause your monthly bills to increase.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If you have hot and cold spots in your home, these can be caused by a malfunctioning thermostat. Have a contractor inspect the device during a tune-up to ensure your unit is working as expected.
- Leaks: If you notice moisture around your unit it can be caused by a blocked drain tube. You should have the leak inspected by a professional, as the moisture can be refrigerant, which can be dangerous.