When maintaining your air conditioner or furnace, it’s important to not overlook the importance of replacing the units’ filters. Regularly replacing the filters can improve indoor air quality and keep the system running efficiently. For filter replacement services in Lombard, IL, call
Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. today. We offer upfront pricing with no hidden fees!
When your air conditioner fails to properly cool your home, call us to learn about our AC repair services.
Risks of Neglecting to Replace Your Filters
Do you regularly forget to replace your AC and furnace filters? Neglecting to replace them can result in the following risks and issues:
- Lower indoor air quality, as the filters aren’t removing allergens and other debris.
- Inadequate airflow, as the filters may be clogged or not allowing air to move as expected.
- System is subject to breakdown or failure in the near future.
- Can result in higher repair costs and more frequent issues as the unit needs to work harder to overcome the dirty filter.
- System can age more quickly as it’s working too hard to function.
- Unit can operate inefficiently.
- Increase in monthly utility bills as the system is using more energy to function.
How Often Should Filters be Replaced?
You know you need to replace your filters on a regular basis, but do you know how often they need to be changed? You can use the following schedule for guidance:
- Every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Every three months if you live in an urban area, due to potential air quality issues.
- Every two months if you have a pet.
- Every month if you or anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- More often during periods of extended AC use, such as the heat of summer.
Is it time to replace your furnace? Learn about our furnace installation services.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
Replacing your furnace and AC filters regularly can result in several benefits for you and your household. Some of the advantages can include:
- Improved indoor air quality, which can make you and your family healthier.
- Lower utility bills.
- Increased lifespan of your unit.
- Reduced dust around your home.