When the cold winter temperatures hit, you don’t want to be stuck without a working heater. To avoid enduring a frigid home it’s important to keep your unit well maintained all year round, and to have any problems repaired at the first signs of an issue. Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for services in the Lombard, IL area. We offer fair and upfront pricing with no surprises or hidden fees on your bill!
Are you tired of pumping money into your old furnace? Learn about our furnace installation services.
Symptoms that Can Indicate Your Heater Needs to be Repaired
To avoid having a chilly house in the winter months – which can pose risks to your home and your family’s health – it’s important to have your malfunctioning heater repaired at the first signs of trouble. Some symptoms that can indicate you need help from a heating contractor can include:
- Your house doesn’t heat to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home.
- Your system starts to make loud or unpleasant noises.
- You notice an increase in your monthly utilities without an increase in your usage.
- Your thermostat setting doesn’t match the temperature of your house.
- You suspect your ductwork is leaking.
What to Expect During a Routine Heater Maintenance
It’s recommended that you have a heating contractor perform a tune-up on your heater at least once a year. When you schedule an appointment with a professional, you can expect him or her to perform the following maintenance tasks.
- Shut off power. This is for the safety of the contractor and your household.
- Check the components. Professionals will inspect all of the inner parts of your unit to ensure they are all working as expected.
- Replace parts. With your permission, the contractor will replace any worn out or aging parts or belts that are likely to fully fail in the near future.
Are you looking for an alternative to a traditional heating system? Ask us about our boiler services.
How a Malfunctioning Heater can Impact Your Home
A malfunctioning heater can impact your home in numerous ways. While the most obvious may be a frigid home, there are other effects it can have, including:
- Your family’s health can be at risk, especially if the issue with the heater is causing a dangerous issue like a carbon monoxide leak.
- Lower indoor air quality, as the malfunctioning unit may not fully remove the particles from the air.
- Risk of a fire, depending on the cause of the issue with the system.
- Increased utility bills, as the unit is working harder than it needs to heat your home.