Did you know there is a way to heat your home without having to install a forced-air system? Radiant heating units provide heat through wires or pipes to provide consistent and even heat throughout a room or your entire home. To install or repair your underfloor heating solution, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for service in Lombard, IL. When you book an appointment with us we guarantee to provide you with upfront pricing with no hidden fees later.
Is your heater malfunctioning? Contact us to learn about our heater repair services.
What Is Radiant Heating?
When you need a heating solution aside from a forced-air system, radiant heating can benefit your home. This system uses a series of wires or water pipes — typically located under your floor — to warm your home. With this unit, the heat rises from the floor and flows throughout the house to create more consistent heat than with a forced-air system. This lets you evenly heat your home in a more energy-efficient manner.
Benefits of Radiant Heating Systems
There are many benefits to radiant heating systems. While one of the largest advantages of this solution is its energy efficiency, other benefits can include:
- Increased comfort as it provides consistent heating.
- Even warming as heat is evenly distributed.
- Surround heating, as it comes from all sides of a room and not a specific vent.
- Increased warmth, as the home may feel warmer than the actual temperature of the room due to the way the heat moves throughout a space.
- Lower monthly utility bills since the system is more energy-efficient.
- Less noise since the system uses wires and pipes to distribute heat and not a loud, forced-air system.
- Improved indoor quality since it is not circulating dust, allergens and germs throughout your home.
Do you need your air conditioner fixed before summer hits? Learn about our air conditioner repair services.
Ways Radiant Heating Systems Can Save You Money
Installing a radiant heating system can help you save money. Some of the ways it can reduce costs include:
- More energy-efficient. These systems can reduce heating costs by 10 to 30 percent.
- Less heat. You can lower the temperature set on your thermostat due to the way the system works.
- More even heating. These units provide more consistent heating in your home, allowing the system to not have to work as hard to warm your house.