Summer heat can be great – as long as it stays outside of your home. If your AC unit is failing to keep your home cool and comfortable, you need Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. to perform air conditioning maintenance, repairs and replacements. When you book an appointment in Glen Ellyn, IL we will provide you with upfront pricing – with no surprises at the end.
Our customers value our services! To find out why, read our testimonials.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Is your AC unit running but your house is still hot and stuffy? This is one symptom that can signal your system needs to be repaired by a contractor. Other signs that can indicate your unit needs to be serviced can include:
- Your home isn’t cooling to the desired temperature.
- Water is collecting under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your house is cooling unevenly, resulting in some spots being warmer than others.
- Your monthly utility bills start to steadily increase.
Benefits of Regular AC Filter Replacement
To keep your air conditioner running efficiently, it’s important to have the filter replaced regularly. Some of the benefits of changing the filter as recommended by professionals can include:
- New filters can properly remove particles from the air, including dust, allergens, pet dander, debris and more.
- Lower utility bills as clean filters allow your system to work more efficiently.
- Longer life expectancy as changing the filters can put less strain on the system and let it work properly.
We also provide expert air conditioning services in Glen Ellyn. Our HVAC pros are here for all of your indoor comfort needs!
How to Save Money on Your Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool in the summer months can cause a spike in your utility bills. To help reduce your costs, you can follow these tips to use less energy:
- Check to ensure your home is properly insulated.
- Replace air filters at least every three months.
- Schedule a professional inspection at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Set the thermostat down a few degrees. This will help lower your bills and you will be unlikely to notice a change in the comfort level.
- If your unit is older, consider replacing it with a newer model.
- Turn on fans to help circulate the air and help cool your home.
- Keep your curtains and shades closed to block out the sun and prevent unwanted heat from entering the house.