While summer heat can be comforting, you don’t want to feel it inside your house. To keep your house cool when it’s hot and humid outside, make sure your air conditioner is functioning properly. When you need central AC repairs, maintenance and installations, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. We provide upfront pricing when you schedule an appointment in the Geneva, IL area.
Want to know what our clients think of our air conditioning services? Read our testimonials to hear from our customers.
Importance of Air Conditioner Maintenance
You might know you are supposed to schedule yearly maintenance on your air conditioner, but do you know why? Some of the benefits of performing regular maintenance on your AC unit can include:
- Keep the unit running properly and cool your home to the desired temperature.
- Lower cost to operate as it’s more efficient to run.
- Better indoor air quality as the filters are replaced regularly.
- Keep your home and loved ones safe.
- Enable the contractor to find and repair minor issues before they become larger.
What’s Inspected During an Air Conditioner Tune-up
When you schedule yearly maintenance on your furnace, you can expect the AC contractor to perform the following tasks during a tune-up:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure the right amount is in the unit, as well as look for any leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for leaks and remove any debris or buildup.
- Ensure the right amount of air is flowing through the evaporator coil.
- Make sure that the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals and determine if non-conductive coating needs to be applied.
- Oil the motors, if needed.
- Check the belts and other components to ensure they are working properly.
Our team provides full indoor comfort services, from AC repair to furnace replacement in Geneva and the surrounding areas. Call today!
Benefits of Installing a New AC Unit
While it might seem like continuing to repair your air conditioner instead of replacing it can be easier, there are benefits to installing a new unit. Some of the advantages can include:
- A more energy-efficient model, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Better indoor climate control, allowing you to properly control the temperature of your home.
- Improved indoor air quality as dust, debris and other particles are removed from the air.
- A longer life expectancy.
- The latest technology, which will give you more features to better control the climate in your home.