When the temperatures plummet outside, you don’t want to deal with frigid temps inside your house, too. Make sure your furnace is working as expected to keep your home comfortable this winter. Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for heater repair and furnace replacement services in Geneva, IL. When you schedule an appointment, we promise to provide upfront pricing with no hidden fees.
We offer the following heating services – and more – to the Geneva area:
- Heater Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Radiant Heating
We are only as good as our work! Read our testimonials to see what our customers think of our services.
3 Common Problems with Heaters
Is your heater malfunctioning? It could be due to one of these common heater issues. If you notice these symptoms in your unit, call a heating contractor today for repairs.
- Uneven heating throughout your home. This can result in some areas of your home being warmer than others.
- System unexpectedly shuts down. If the unit turns off before the home reaches the desired temperature it can be due to faulty wiring, a failing pilot light or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- System takes too long to heat up. If turning up the thermostat doesn’t speed up the process, it can be due to leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor, or an issue with the belts or bearings.
How to Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Keeping your home warm in the winter can take a toll on your finances as your utility bill rises. To help reduce these costs, follow these tips on how to make your home more energy-efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Have your air ducts checked to ensure there aren’t any leaks.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional.
- Change the air filters regularly.
- Open the curtains or shades to let sunlight in to help warm your home.
Ready to schedule service? Call us or contact us online today to request an immediate appointment.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to be Repaired
If your furnace malfunctions in the middle of winter, it can leave you enduring a frigid home. Instead of reacting to furnace problems, it’s important to be proactive and be aware of symptoms that can indicate your unit needs to be serviced. Some signs can include:
- If the unit runs for less than three minutes before shutting off. This can indicate a problem with the heat exchanger or the thermostat.
- Uneven rows of flames. This can be a sign that the burners need to be cleaned, or it can be a more serious problem, like a cracked heat exchanger.
- Odd sounds coming from the unit. Sounds like rumbling, popping or whistling can signal a variety of problems that should be inspected by a professional.
- If there is a serious problem, like a cracked heat exchanger. A cracked heat exchanger can lead to a carbon monoxide leak, which can have serious – even deadly – consequences. If you have a leak you should evacuate your property immediately and call for professional help.