Winter weather can bring harsh temperatures and conditions, increasing the importance of having a functioning heating system. Keeping your home at a comfortable temperature can protect both your house and your family from the conditions. When your unit needs routine services like maintenance or a tune-up, or if it requires repairs or a replacement, call
Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for services in Carol Stream, IL. When you schedule an appointment, we will provide upfront pricing and guarantee there won’t be any surprises on your final bill.
We offer complete heating services to the Carol Stream, IL area, including:
- Boiler Services
- Furnace Installation
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
We’re only as good as our customers think we are. Read our testimonials to see what our clients have to say about our services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Repaired
When winter weather hits, the last thing you want to deal with is a malfunctioning heater. That’s why it’s important to be proactive and call a contractor to repair your unit at the first signs of an issue. Some symptoms that can indicate you need repairs can include:
- Your home doesn’t heat up to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being properly distributed throughout the house.
- Your system makes loud and unusual sounds.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- The temperature of your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- You suspect there are leaks in your ductwork.
Symptoms that Indicate Your Furnace Needs to be Replaced
When winter hits, you might prep your snowblower and stock up on winter clothes, but have you inspected your furnace to ensure your unit will make it through another season? If you notice the following symptoms it can indicate you need to install a new system:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system is losing efficiency and it struggles to heat your home to its desired temperature.
- There is a crack in the unit. This should be inspected immediately, as it can lead to a dangerous situation, like a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
- Your system needs multiple – or costly – repairs.
Heating issues aren’t the only problems we solve. We also provide full AC services in Carol Stream and the surrounding western Chicago suburbs!
Common Furnace Issues
Dealing with a malfunctioning furnace can be an inconvenience in the winter, but it’s not uncommon to encounter issues with your system from time to time. Some issues your system might experience that can be resolved by a contractor can include:
- Problems caused by lack of maintenance. Services should be performed by a professional at least once a year.
- Filters clogged with dust, dirt and debris that can cause the system to overwork. Filters should be replaced at least every three months.
- Wear and tear caused by aging. This can require more frequent repairs.
- Thermostat that doesn’t match the temperature of the house.
- Disrupted airflow that can cause your unit to overheat.
- A serious problem like a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a leak you should evacuate your property immediately, as it can cause serious illness, and even death.