Summer can be a welcomed time of the year — until your air conditioner goes out and you’re stuck enduring a hot and humid house. To avoid this, it’s important to keep your air conditioner in good condition all year. When your AC unit needs to be repaired or replaced, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for services in Carol Stream. We’ll provide you with upfront pricing without any hidden fees or surprises.
We provide quality AC services to the Carol Stream, IL area. But don’t take our word for it – read our testimonials to hear from our customers.
Common Air Conditioner Issues
While it may not be convenient – especially in the summer months – occasionally your AC unit will need repairs. Some common problems that may require a contractor to repair can include:
- The unit isn’t producing cold air.
- Your home isn’t cooling to the desired temperature.
- Air isn’t flowing through the vents properly.
- Some areas of your home are warmer than others, resulting in warm and cold spots.
- Moisture is leaking from the unit, indicating an issue with the drain tube.
What to Expect During a Professional Maintenance Visit
It’s important to schedule routine maintenance on your air conditioner at least once a year. During these tune-ups you can expect a contractor to perform the following services:
- Look for refrigerant leaks and ensure the right amount is in the system.
- Check the air ducts for debris and leaks.
- Make sure the right amount of air is flowing through the evaporator coil.
- Check the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly.
- Make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Check the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors.
- Examine the belts and other components.
- Inspect the thermostat and ensure it’s functioning as expected.
Our team is here year round to keep your home comfortable- contact us for all your AC and heating service needs!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
On the hottest days of summer, the last thing you want to deal with is walking into a hot house – signaling your air conditioner is out. To prevent enduring an uncomfortable home, it’s important to recognize signs that can indicate your unit needs repairs as soon as possible. These can include:
- Your home isn’t reaching the desired temperature.
- Cold air isn’t coming from the unit.
- Water is collecting under the ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your property isn’t cooling evenly, leaving hot and cold spots around the house.
- There’s an increase in your monthly utility bills.
- Your unit becomes less efficient as it ages, resulting in more frequent breakdowns and repairs.