While Illinois summers can be welcomed after a long winter, they can bring heat and humidity with them. To combat these issues and keep your home comfortable, it’s important to make sure you have a fully functioning air conditioner. For central AC repairs and installations in Bolingbrook, IL, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. When you book an appointment we’ll provide you with upfront pricing and won’t add any hidden fees or surprises to your bill later.
We love to hear feedback from our customers. Read our testimonials to see what our clients have to say.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Repaired
When summer’s heat beats down, you don’t want to get caught without a fully functioning air conditioner. To avoid having it break down unexpectedly, it’s important to be aware of problems as they occur so you can schedule an appointment with an AC contractor. Some symptoms that can signal an issue can include:
- Your home isn’t reaching the desired temperature.
- There isn’t cold air coming from the unit.
- There’s water collecting under the ducts or by the drain tube.
- Your home isn’t being cooled evenly, resulting in hot and cold spots.
- Your monthly utility bills are increasing.
- Your system starts to require more frequent – and costly – repairs.
How to Save on Your Cooling Costs
Trying to keep your home cool during the Illinois summer can cause your utility bills to increase. Luckily, there are ways to help you cut costs without losing comfort. Some ways to save on your cooling costs can include:
- Insulating your home properly.
- Changing your air conditioner’s filters at least every three months.
- Scheduling a yearly inspection with an AC contractor.
- Installing a programmable thermostat.
- Turning the thermostat down a few degrees. You likely won’t notice this subtle change, and it will help lower your utility bill.
- Replacing an older unit with a new system.
- Turning on fans throughout your home to help circulate the air and cool down the house.
- Closing the curtains and blinds on sunny days to keep out the extra heat.
Timely heating repair in Bolingbrook in the winter is just as important as cooling services in the summer months. We’re here to keep you comfortable all year long!
Why AC Maintenance is Important
It’s important to keep your air conditioning unit properly maintained to ensure it works when you need it most – in the middle of a hot and humid summer. Having a professional perform annual maintenance on your AC unit can benefit the system by:
- Keeping it running efficiently and economically.
- Reducing operating costs.
- Providing maximum climate control for your property.
- Ensuring proper indoor air quality.
- Allowing professionals to catch minor issues before they turn into larger problems.