Illinois winters can bring cold temperatures and harsh weather. To combat the frigid temps you need to ensure you have a working heating system. When your heater needs repairs or a tune-up, or you need to install a new furnace, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. When you book an appointment, we provide upfront pricing so there are no surprises after the work is done.
We offer the following heating services – and more – to the Glen Ellyn, IL area:
- Heater Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
- Radiant Heating
- Gas Log Fireplaces
We take pride in offering quality heating services to our customers. But don’t take our word for it — read our testimonials to see what our clients say!
Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
Having your heater go out in the middle of winter can be uncomfortable and a major inconvenience. To avoid having to endure a frigid home, watch for these signs that can signal your unit needs to be repaired by a contractor:
- Home isn’t heating to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout the house.
- System makes loud and unpleasant sounds.
- Monthly utility bills are increasing without a change in usage.
- The thermostat isn’t properly controlling the climate in your home.
- You suspect your ductwork is leaking, which can cause your system to work harder to warm your home.
What to Expect During a Routine Heater Maintenance Visit
To keep your heater working as expected during the winter, it’s important to have it properly maintained all year. As part of the upkeep, it’s recommended you have a professional inspect the unit and give it a tune-up at least once a year. During these routine visits you can expect heating contractors to perform the following tasks:
- Shut off the power to the unit to protect him or herself, as well as your entire household.
- Inspect the inner components of the unit to ensure everything is working as expected.
- With your permission, replace any worn out parts or belts before they completely malfunction.
Give us a call or contact us online today to schedule your heating service!
Signs Your Furnace Needs to Be Replaced
Replacing your furnace might not be something you planned for this season, but having a working unit is important to your family’s health and your home’s comfort level. To make sure your furnace works when you need it, it’s important to watch for these signs that can indicate you need a professional to repair your unit:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your system is no longer effectively heating your home to its desired temperature.
- Your unit isn’t warming the house evenly.
- Your utility bills are increasing.
- You suspect there is a crack in the unit, which can lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- Your unit needs multiple or costly repairs.