Winter temperatures can make your home chilly. To restore comfort, it’s important to make sure your heating system is working as expected. For furnace repairs and central heating installations in Darien, IL, call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. When you book an appointment we will provide upfront pricing with no hidden fees!
We offer complete heating services to the Darien, IL area, including:
- Boiler Services
- Furnace Installation
- Gas Log Fireplaces
- Heat Pump Services
- Radiant Heating
Read our testimonials to see why our customers choose us to perform their heating system repairs and replacements.
What to Expect During Routine Heater Maintenance
To keep your heater working when you need it during the winter months, it’s important to have your unit serviced by a professional at least once a year. During these routine maintenance visits you can expect a contractor to perform the following services:
- Shut off the power to the unit.
- Check the inner components to ensure they are working as expected.
- Replace any worn out parts or belts before they fail completely.
Signs Your Heater Needs to be Replaced
Does your heater need frequent repairs? Is your home still chilly even when the unit is running? These can all be signs that your unit needs to be replaced. Some other symptoms that can indicate you need to install a new system can include:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- If your system needs multiple – or large, costly – repairs.
- If your utility bills start to increase.
- If there is a crack in your heat exchanger. This can cause a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- If your unit is losing efficiency.
Don’t wait in a freezing home. Call or contact us online to request immediate service!
How to Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Illinois’ harsh winter temperatures can cause your utility bills to increase. To help reduce these costs, you can make your furnace more energy-efficient. Some easy ways to do this can include:
- Installing a programmable thermostat.
- Checking your air ducts to ensure they are in good condition.
- Making sure your property is well insulated.
- Scheduling regular maintenance visits.
- Making sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Changing your filters regularly.
- Letting sunlight in to add extra heat to your home.