Summer’s heat and humidity can be brutal. When the temperatures start to rise, make sure your air conditioning unit is functioning as expected. Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for central AC repair and installation services in Batavia, IL. We offer upfront pricing to our customers so you can be assured there won’t be any surprises on your bill!
We offer quality AC services to our clients. Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Replaced
Deciding to replace your air conditioner can be a major decision. While it may seem stressful at first as you decide which model is best for your home, the benefits will quickly outweigh any anxiety. Some advantages of installing a new AC unit can include:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Better indoor climate control, allowing your home to reach a desirable temperature.
- Improved indoor air quality with more particles and debris getting removed.
- Longer life expectancy.
- New technology and features, giving you the latest bells and whistles to ensure your home is comfortable.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Unfortunately, air conditioners are not immune to problems that can require professional repairs. Fortunately, most issues tend to be common and can be repaired by AC contractors. Some issues you might experience with your unit can include:
- Lack of cool air. If your unit isn’t producing cold air — even when turning the thermostat down — it should be inspected by a professional.
- Air isn’t flowing through vents. If cold air isn’t properly flowing through your air ducts it can make your unit work harder to cool your property. This can prevent your home from reaching its desired temperature, and can cause your utility bills to increase.
- Uneven cooling. If some areas of your home are cooler than others, the thermostat should be inspected by a professional.
- If you see moisture by your unit, the system should be inspected by a professional, as the liquid can be refrigerant and should only be handled by a technician.
When your air conditioner breaks down unexpectedly in the summer, don’t wait! Contact us to request same-day AC repair.
What Is Inspected During Professional AC Maintenance?
It is recommended that you have your air conditioning unit inspected by a professional at least once a year. When you hire an AC contractor, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks during a routine tune-up:
- Check the refrigerant levels and look for leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Check the evaporator coil to ensure the proper amount of air is flowing through it.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and ensure that heating and cooling sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Apply oil to the motor, if needed.
- Examine the belts and all components to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Inspect the thermostat to make sure it’s accurately controlling the indoor climate.