Illinois winters can be harsh between the snow, ice and cold temperatures. To protect your home and your family, it’s important to ensure your heating system is working properly. Whether you need routine services like heater maintenance or a furnace tune-up, or something more urgent like a repair or installation, Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. can help. Call us for appointments in Addison, IL. We provide our clients with upfront pricing and guarantee no hidden fees!
We offer the following heating services to the Addison, IL area:
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Boiler Services
- Radiant Heating
- Gas Log Fireplaces
Curious about our services and work? Read our testimonials to hear from our clients!
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
Having your heater go out in the middle of winter can be a major inconvenience. While you might expect it to affect your family’s comfort level as you endure cold temperatures, there are also other ways it can impact your home, including:
- Risk of illness: If there is a major issue with your unit, like a carbon monoxide leak, it can put your family at risk for illness or other health issues.
- Lower indoor air quality: Because the system is not effectively removing particles from the air, it can result in reduced air quality.
- Risk of fire: Depending on the issue with your unit, it can possibly cause a risk of fire.
- Higher utility bills: Because the unit is not functioning properly, it can work harder to heat your home, resulting in higher energy bills.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
When debating whether to replace your heater with a new model or keep repairing the older system, the benefits can out-weigh any hesitations you might have. Some of the advantages can include:
- Increased energy efficiency as new models use less energy.
- Enhanced comfort. New units can properly warm your home to a consistent and desirable temperature.
- Better indoor air quality. New models can effectively remove debris and other particles from the air.
- No repairs anytime soon. You will have peace of mind knowing the new unit is unlikely to require repairs in the near future.
Need to repair or replace your furnace? Give us a call or contact us online for the best heating service in Addison!
Common Furnace Problems
It’s never a good time to have your furnace malfunction, but unfortunately it will require professional repairs and maintenance from time-to-time. Some common problems you might encounter can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Failing to have a professional perform regular maintenance on your system can cause a number of problems with your unit.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Not changing your furnace filters as often as recommended (typically every three months) can cause your unit to malfunction as dust, dirt and debris accumulates to reduce your indoor air quality and put additional strain on your system.
- Signs of Aging: As your unit gets older it will show signs of wear and tear. This can reduce its efficiency and result in more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: Have a professional inspect your thermostat if the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat.
- Inadequate airflow: Make sure the airflow is as expected, as disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: One of the most dangerous issues you can encounter with your heater is a carbon monoxide leak. This can be caused by a cracked heat exchanger. If you suspect you have a leak you should immediately evacuate the property and contact a professional as soon as possible.