When the Illinois summer heat and humidity hits, you don’t want to be stuck with a malfunctioning cooling system. You need a trustworthy AC repair company to get your unit up and running to restore comfort to your home. Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for services in Addison, IL.
We value our customers’ feedback! Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work!
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Replaced
When Illinois summer heat and humidity hit, it’s important to have a fully functioning air conditioner to keep your home comfortable. To avoid having your unit completely malfunction, watch for signs that can indicate your system is failing and needs to be replaced. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Aging AC.If your air conditioner is more than 15 years old it may be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Loss of efficiency. This can result in higher utility bills as it requires more energy to operate.
- Loss of comfort. If your unit is no longer cooling your property to the desired temperature it can be a sign that the system is not functioning properly.
- Needs multiple repairs. Multiple or large repairs can be costly, making it more cost-effective to replace the unit.
- Any leaks should be inspected by a professional to determine if they can be repaired.
- Strange or loud noises. These can signal an issue with your unit’s motor and should be inspected.
How to Save on Your Cooling Costs
It can be costly to keep your home at a comfortable temperature during the summer months, as cooling your home can take a toll on your utility bills. However, there are ways to help reduce these expenses.
- Make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Replace your air filters at least every three months.
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a professional.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees. You are unlikely to notice the difference and it will help save on cooling costs.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new model.
- Use fans throughout your home to help circulate the air and cool down the house.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Contact us today for top rated AC service in the Addison, IL area!
Common Air Conditioner Problems
While it can be inconvenient – especially in the summer months – occasionally your air conditioner will encounter issues that will need to be repaired by a professional. Being aware of these problems and knowing when to call an AC contractor can help prevent you from being left without a functioning unit in the summer heat. Some common problems to watch for can include:
- It’s not producing cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting.
- Air isn’t properly flowing through vents. This can force the unit to work harder than it needs to cool the property.
- You notice hot and cold spots throughout the house, signaling a malfunctioning thermostat.
- There is moisture leaking from the unit, which can indicate an issue with the drain tube or a refrigerant leak.