Summer’s heat can be welcomed after a long winter, but if your air conditioning system isn’t working properly the heat can make your home uncomfortable. To combat the heat, make sure you have the proper maintenance and tune-ups performed on your system. Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc. for services in Elmhurst, IL. When you book an appointment with us, we provide upfront pricing without any added hidden fees.
Want to learn more about our services and work? Read our testimonials to see what our customers think.
Advantages of Installing a New AC Unit
Are you tired of pumping money and time into repairing your existing air conditioner? Then it can be time to install a new unit. Replacing your old model with a new system can have many benefits, including:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can help reduce your monthly utility bills.
- More indoor climate control to allow your home to reach its desired temperature.
- Better indoor air quality as the new unit can remove particles like dust, pet dander, allergens and other debris from the air.
- Peace of mind knowing the unit likely won’t need repairs in the near future.
- New technology that allows you to better control the temperature of your home.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
While you may like to think that your air conditioner will never break down, unfortunately, it will occasionally need repairs. Some of the more common problems that you may need an AC contractor to fix can include:
- The unit isn’t blowing out cool air – or as much cold air is it used to.
- The system is only cooling the home intermittently.
- Air isn’t flowing through the vents properly, which can cause your unit to work harder to cool your home.
- Cooling is inconsistent throughout your home, meaning parts of your house are colder than others.
- There is moisture leaking from the unit. This can be water or refrigerant, so it should be inspected by a professional.
Don’t wait if you’re experiencing an AC emergency- contact us now to request immediate service.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
In the middle of summer, there are few worse things than expecting to walk into a cool house only to be greeted by a hot and stuffy home, signaling your AC is out. To prevent this discomfort, it’s important to get your air conditioning unit repaired at the first signs of an issue. Some signs that can indicate you need to call an AC contractor can include:
- Your home isn’t cooling to the temperature set on the thermostat.
- You see water pooling near the ducts or drain tube.
- Your home isn’t cooling evenly, resulting in hot and cold spots.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase without a change in your usage.