How to Make Sure You’re Hiring the Right Plumber
When you are having a problem with your sinks, bathtub, or toilet, your first instinct may be to try to fix the problem yourself. In many cases, trying to do it yourself can do more harm than good. The best thing to do is call a plumber, however, it is important to know how to find a good plumber.
– The first thing that you should do is make sure that the plumber that you are hiring is licensed and they carry full insurance. If something happens with your pipes and it causes damage to either your or your neighbor’s home or property, you will want your plumber to be insured so that he can cover the damage.
– It is a good idea to do some research of the plumber’s experience before hiring them. Getting online reviews on sites such as Yelp can give you a great deal of information. Looking at the plumber’s Facebook page and Twitter feed can also give you an idea as to how former customers feel about their service.
– Knowing how long a plumber has been in service is a good idea. If the plumber has a reputable business, chances are he is good at what he does. Typically, when a plumber has a business that has a bad reputation, the business does not last very long.
– You should get a price from more than one company. When you get quotes, you should not go for the cheapest company right away. Some companies will do the absolute minimum so that they can charge the lowest price possible. You should find out what each quote entails. This will guarantee that you are having all of the necessary work done.
– Before you hire a plumber, you should find out if they guarantee their work. You should also find out if there are any limitations on the guarantee. If a plumber can guarantee their work, they are clearly confident that they can do the job correctly.
– You do not want to hire a plumber who offers you a quote for a small job over the phone. When you have the quote and the plumber gets to your home and looks at the problem, the problem can be more than he expected, making the actual price of the job much more than he originally stated. The only way you can get a true quote is if the plumber is looking at the problem.
Are you in need of a plumber? Call Jim Wagner Plumbing, Inc., your friendly Naperville plumber, at (630) 577-9241 and schedule a service call today!